Tuesday, January 17, 2012

catching up

So I am sure you have all noticed that I am terrible at keeping up with my blog, but I have been keeping busy with projects. I am back into my sewing phase. I still haven't made clothes for myself, but it's on my bucket list. Here are some of the projects I have completed. 





My best friend loves batman and I thought this was a suitable birthday gift. Suffice to say, she absolutely loved it! The bag pattern is one that I have used often. It is very easy and fast to make, which is why I make it often. The pattern was created by artsycraftybabe and can be found here. The  kimono slippers are a Sue Kim pattern and can be found on Ithinksew.com or on her etsy account. You should definitely check out Sue Kim's patterns, they are pretty awesome and her instructions are easy to follow. Lastly, I bought the fabric at Joann's. 


This scarf was made for one of my co-workers. I used the Seafoam stitch in from the Vogue stitchnary. The yarn is mochi and I found it at an awesome store call Michael Levine's in downtown LA.




The exterior fabric was found at the urban craft center, the hello kitty fabric was from Michael Levine's and the cupcake fabric was found at Joann's. I found the wallet pattern here.



This clutch pattern was purchased on keyka lou's etsy shop. Fabric came from Michael Levine's.  I don't know if you can see but the interior is architecture fabric. I love it!
I used same fabric, but I used a free pattern called the buttercup bag. I expected the bag to be bigger, but it really is a large clutch bag. Je je. You may find the pattern here.

OMG. I love this bag!!!!!!!!!! It is also a Sue Kim pattern. Fabric came from Michael Levine's.




 After making the batman slippers I had to make some for myself.


Of course there is more bookbinding. I can't remember where I found the cool vintage paper, but the sushi paper came from Papersource......

Well that's it for now. 

No comments: