Monday, January 5, 2009

Homemade sewing kit

I'm a sucker for Tin boxes and anything miniture, so I have the habit of combining the two. So, when I came across a tutorial on how to make your own sewing kit on craftstylish I decided to give it a try. I went through my box of knick nacks and found this cute little tin that I bought at Target in the $1 section.





Then I used a little cotton and fabric I made a little pillow.










Then, using a glue gun I glued the "pillow" to the inside of the tin lid. (Be careful, I managed to burn my fingers...owie). Once you have glued the pillow, add a pair of scissors, needles, buttons, yarn, and anything you might need in case of an emergency.
Any tin box will do fine. Some good ideas are mint boxes or old Jack Daniel tin boxes. You can bedazzle them with gems, add fabric, or paint them in order to accomadate your style. I liked the gum ball theme, so I didn't really alter mine. I think these homemade sewing kits would make great gifts.

No comments: